Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mercerie is a finish

It's almost time again for the next Schnibbles Parade.  This month's pattern is called Mercerie and it is the French word for haberdashery, "dry goods" or a shop that carries notions, trims and/or fabrics. How cool is that!

I used what I had left from my French General Favorites and Chateau Rouge charm packs by French General for Moda Fabrics.  This block went together super easy and I used the Fit to be Quarter 6.5 ruler by Open Gate Quilts to square up my blocks and I only made one cutting mistake! 

This little quilt goes together really quick and I can't wait to send it over to my LAQ.  She currently has two of my other schnibbles projects and I can't wait to see what she does with them.  I'm leaving all the details up to her so it's a complete surprise when I get them back.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Mercerie.



So don't forget to check out the Mercerie Schnibbles Parade on October 1 and it is hosted by Sherri and Sinta.  Thanks ladies for hosting such wonderful schnibbles parades. 


5 comments:

  1. This is really great. I love French General. The floral for your background is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it. Great job Judy! I didn't do the Schnibbles this month - but every time I see them start to emerge at the end of the month I feel such regret! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Schnibbles! Great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I also used French General, but the lines you used are quite different. I especially love your 'background' fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the fabrics! Reds, greys, and your beautiful background fabric too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to get comments and I always try to reply back.