Thursday, January 23, 2014

FQS 2012 Designer Mystery BOM - Progress

Some progress has been made on one of my quilter's resolution #2.  I had started this while I was on fall retreat with my guild and got 6 blocks made.  Then I fell out of love with it and it sat in the project box for awhile. I wasn't really happy with the way the finishing kit would finish the quilt until I found this one:


I fell in love with this setting!  You can read the story about this quilt and how Elaine Wick Poplin came up with this setting to use. So this is the setting I am going to use only I'm only going to make 13 blocks and not 25 blocks that Elaine Wick Poplin made!

Here's a picture of the first six blocks that were made:


And here are the other two that have been made:



So only four more blocks to make and I can start putting this one together and check it off my to do list.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that the next schnibbles parade is fast approching! My Jersey Girl quilt is done pictures coming soon!



3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished project! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks - your sampler quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. That setting is so much more imaginative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to get comments and I always try to reply back.