Friday, January 10, 2014

My Farmer's Wife Quilt

So for probably the last year I have been working on the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird.  There are 111 different blocks and they finish at 6 inches. (6 1/2 unfinished).  That's a lot of blocks and piecing.  I machined pieced my blocks and there were only two blocks that I could not do. So I found two others that I added to the quilt. There are over 3,175 pieces in this quilt and it measures approx. 82.5 x 102.

I will be putting this in our guilds quilt show this March along with 3 other quilts.  This will be my first time putting quilts in a show.

My longarm quilter used the pattern Clam Shell and it just came out stunning.  So after all the hard work and struggles putting this together I am just so totally pleased with it and it is on the bed even though I still have the binding to hand sew.





On a little side note the new Schnibbles for this month is Jersey Girl!  WhooHoo!! I've been wanting to make this one as soon as Carrie released it and I am shamelessly using the same fabric she used in hers which was Midwinter Reds by Minick & Simpson for Moda. I love this fabic!!  The photo below is from her website Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. As I mentioned on facebook, this quilt is totally gorgeous! Good for you for putting it in a show, too. This is a quilt that everyone should see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the completion of your Farmer's Wife quilt. It is well deserving of displaying in your quilt guild show this spring!

    Beautiful project and fabric choices for your Jersey Girl quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith,
    Your Farmers Wife Quilt is just gorgeous! I love it!! What a fantastic job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completing the farmers wife quilt is a huge achievement. Well done! It's so beautiful. I've just joined Instagram this year. You are welcome to follow me at sarahkrothe and see what I'm working on. I've looked you up and started following you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to get comments and I always try to reply back.