Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Schnibbles X-Rated

Can you believe that it's almost the end of May which means it's that time again!  A Schnibbles Parade of X-Rated Quilts!!  Yes, that is the name of the last project for the summer.  Sherri and Sinta are giving us and themselves a well deserved break and we will start up again in the fall.

This months project was X-Rated and you could find the pattern for either a large or small quilt in Schnibbles times two by Carrie Nelson or you could purchase the pattern for her shop.  I decided on the smaller quilt and it was really easy to put together.  I used 30's Playtime by Chloe's Closet for moda and for my background fabric I used Kona Solids Asparagus (yup, that's the name of the green).  Using a color instead of a white or cream was a little out of my comfort zone but I was really please with the way it came out! So here are some pictures of my X-Rated Quilt.




So if you have a chance this weekend stop by Sherri and Sinta's blogs and check out some really beautiful X-Rated Quilts!

As I sit here writing this blog post it is rainy and cool, again. I hope that summer gets here soon.  My Bleeding Heart bush is doing great. Here is a picture.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week and weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love how it came out! I find that I use "other" colors for the background of my Schnibble projects often. They are such fun little projects, that they make for good places to do some experimenting, or boundary-testing, etc. This green is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Judy! The green for the background is wonderful! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your X-rated quilt. the colors are beautiful. Your bleeding heart is gorgeous!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your x rated quilt! It looks so much better with a background other than white. The green sets it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to get comments and I always try to reply back.