Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Three Finishes for the Month of April

Wow, can you believe its May!  April was a busy month for me.  I got three quilt tops done, had a birthday and won two raffle baskets at a local quilt show!!  I am feeling pretty lucky! 

The first finish for April was my 2012 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month and it was also a new year's resolution for my guild. I can check that one off as being Done!  You can read about my quilter's resolutions here


I decided not to follow the instruction for setting these blocks and instead set it on point just like the one that Elaine Wick Poplin made.  I did ask Elaine permission to use the same setting that she used and she was okay with me doing it.  My quilt uses the original 12 blocks plus 1.  I am really please with the way this came out and will probably have this custom quilted some day.

My second finish for April was a Block of the Month that was held at my local quilt shop and is called Nature's Jewels.  This is a pattern by Laurie Shifrin.  I am totally thrilled with this quilt and can't wait to get it quilted.  


The third finish for April was Asteria.  This was a Block of the Month that I did through Quilting by the Bay.  The pattern is by Tiffany Hayes.  My quilt measures 103 x 103 (It was supposed to be 106 x 106 but I made it a tad smaller).


So those are my finished for April!  I am working on my other quilt top that I need to finish by the end of the year and I am going to be doing the Market Day Sew-Along that Pam Buda is doing. And this month's Schnibbles is X-Rated and you can find the pattern in Carrie Nelson's book titled Schnibbles Times Two or you can get it here.  This will be the last Schnibbles until September. Sherri and Sinta are taking the summer off! So I'm hoping to get this one done in time for the parade.


Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome! 

 Happy Mother's Day, Mom!! xxoo





2 comments:

  1. WOW... 3 gorgeous quilt finishes in 1 month.
    They are all awesome, congratulations on 3 fabulous finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy and the quilts are beautiful!!! thank you for the Mothers day wish. Love Mom xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love to get comments and I always try to reply back.